The User Executive Committee (UEC) was chartered to represent the needs and views of the users to the EMSL Director. As such, it is composed of elected representatives who are, or recently were, users of the facility. The UEC has access to the user surveys, and uses these and input from the staff and administration of the facility to make recommendations. We would like to have more direct input. Please directly email the appropriate UEC member with any comments, concerns, desires, or visions you have relating to EMSL. For example, one of several issues raised in the recent user survey was, "what procedures would allow users to more efficiently use time spent on site?".
EMSL Executive Committee Meetings
Although the committee meets once a year, your comments are welcome at any time. A short email sent at the moment of inspiration (or perspiration) will probably be more useful than comments made based on recollection.
The responsibilities of the User Executive Committee include the following:
- Provide a clear channel for the exchange of information and advice between EMSL users and management.
- Provide a formal vehicle for EMSL users to transmit concerns and recommendations to the EMSL Director.
- Design and oversee the EMSL User Meetings.
- Provide advice and recommendations to the EMSL Director on how to facilitate the effective use of EMSL.
- Nominate active users for future membership to the committee.
Committee members are:
- Angela K. Wilson (Chair), University of North Texas
- Paul G. Tratnyek (Vice-chair), Oregon Health & Science University
- Simon R. Bare, UOP LLC, a Honeywell Company
- David A. Dixon The University of Alabama
- Mary Gilles, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Steven Hallam, University of British Columbia, Life Sciences Institute
- John V. Hanna, University of Warwick
- Matthias Hess, Washington State University, Tri-Cities
- Anne Johansen, Central Washington University
- Daniel Knopf, Stony Brook University
- Matthew D. McCluskey, Washington State University
- Sergey Nizkorodov, University of California
- Jennifer Pett-Ridge, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Roger Rousseau, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Louis A. Sherman, Purdue University
- Blake A. Simmons, Joint BioEnergy Institute and Sandia National Laboratories
- Charles Werth, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
See the Committee Charter [pdf, 93kb] for more detail.