WHAT CAN EMSL DO FOR YOU?
As a national scientific user facility with a diverse range of capabilities and expertise, EMSL has something to offer researchers at all corners of the scientific community. Regardless of where you are in your scientific career, a collaboration with EMSL can help take your research to the next level.
- Graduate Students - Get the meaningful scientific results you need to set your research apart from the crowd. Explore EMSL's proposal opportunities and discuss them with your colleagues and EMSL staff scientists in your area.
- Early Career Scientists/New Faculty - As budgets tighten on adding laboratory equipment and facilities, look to establish your research direction through use of EMSL's capabilities, which are available at no cost for openly published research.
- Senior Researchers - Complement your expertise by seeking new cross-disciplinary collaborations to help refine the large scientific questions you are asking, and pursue the answers. Reach out to EMSL leaders to discuss research and capability development partnerships.
- Scientific Teams - EMSL's approach of integrating theory, experiment, disciplines, and capabilities allows teams of users to form around critical scientific challenges.
Connect with the User Community
- EMSL User Portal
- Read EMSL user survey results
- Get to know EMSL's User Executive Committee
- Learn about fellowships and awards for EMSL users
- Join EMSL on Facebook and other social media sites
EMSL provides a variety of proposal opportunities throughout the year. To submit a proposal, follow the steps below. Depending on the scope of the proposal project and the proposal call being answered, this stepwise process may take days to weeks.
- Contact an EMSL staff member (recommended)
- Submit a proposal via the EMSL User Portal
- Stand by while your proposal is processed by EMSL staff
- Visit EMSL or arrange remote use
- Close out