- 2006-present: Senior research scientist, Interfacial and Nanoscale Science Facility, WR Wiley Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory, PNNL
- 2000-2006: Science and Engineering Associate and Research scientist, Environmental Microbiology, Fundamental Sciences Division, PNNL
- 1999: Associated Western Universities fellow, Environmental Microbiology, PNNL
- 1993-97: University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Research Specialist
- MS, BS - Institute of Chemical Technology, Prague, Czech Republic (1986-1991).
- Ecole Nationale Superieure de Chimie, Montpellier, France. ERASMUS scholarship (1990).
Transmission electron microscopy (TEM) as a tool for investigation of cellular processes and mineral characterization. Biogeochemistry - bacterial-mineral association and mineral transformation in microbial reduction in soils by high resolution TEM, EDS and SAED. Cell biology - dynamic cellular processes studies using 3D reconstruction by TEM tomography, and cellular immune response by immunogold labeling.