Wiley Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship
2013 Wiley Postdoc Fellows Named
Purpose: To attract high-performing, newly graduated, junior Ph.D. scientists who have the potential to become full-time scientific staff at EMSL. The fellowship honors the distinguished career of Dr. William Wiley, the former director of the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory and visionary leader of EMSL. Applications for the 2014 position will be accepted until Nov. 1.
Attributes of successful candidates: Candidates for the William Wiley Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellowship must display superb ability in scientific research and must show definite promise of becoming outstanding leaders in the research they pursue, as illustrated by their application materials (listed below).
Terms of appointment: Fellowships are awarded for a one-year term, with possible renewal up to three years total. The position includes a competitive salary, and an additional allocation for research support and travel. The Fellows, who will be competitively selected by an EMSL fellowship committee, must collaborate with EMSL scientists in a research area that aligns with EMSL science themes.
EMSL's 2014 science themes:
- Atmospheric Aerosol Systems Understand the chemistry, physics and dynamics of aerosol particle formation and aging for model parameterization and resolution of uncertainties.
- Biosystem Dynamics and Design Understand intra- and intercellular complexes and dynamic processes in microbes, fungi and plant roots to advance systems biology for bioenergy and bio-renewables.
- Energy Materials and Processes Understand the dynamic transformation mechanisms and physical and chemical properties at critical interfaces in energy storage materials.
- Terrestrial and Subsurface Ecosystems Understand flux of nutrients, metabolites and chemical signatures at biogeochemical interfaces in heterogeneous environs across multiple scales.
How to apply: Submit application materials online. When submitting your resume for this position, you will need to upload ONE PDF file that includes the following components. Applications lacking these components will be declared ineligible:
- Current CV showing all research publications and experience
- Statement of Research Interest (not a formal research proposal) that aligns with one or more EMSL science themes.
- Copies of Unofficial Transcripts for all degrees
Selection committee: The selection committee comprises the EMSL science leads and associate directors. This committee makes recommendations to the hiring manager, the EMSL director. For more information on postdoctoral programs at EMSL and PNNL, visit the postdoc website.
For questions, contact Sandy Woollums (Sandra.email@example.com). Applications received by email will not be considered as official applications. Applications must be submitted through PNNL's jobs website.