EMSL INTEGRATION 2012
- July 14, 2012 - Blocks of hotel rooms released
- July 20, 2012 - Registration closes for non-U.S. citizens
- July 23, 2012 - Abstract submissions due
- Aug. 1, 2012 - Registration closes
- Aug. 14, 2012 - User Meeting Begins
Discovery at the intersection of biology, energy and environment
August 14-15, 2012
at EMSL in Richland, Wash.
The EMSL user meeting is designed to facilitate scientific discussion of how EMSL capabilities are enabling new scientific discoveries in biology; communicate EMSL's future directions and new capabilities to users and potential users; and expose post-graduate and graduate students to advanced instrumentation and innovative science. The meeting is open to current users and non-users who are interested in the topic.
The EMSL user meeting is open to existing and potential users from academia, government and industry in the U.S. and overseas. Technical sessions will focus on biology and transcriptomics, microscopy, and mass spectrometry. There will also be general science presentations, tours and a poster session, including a student poster contest.
Three of the featured speakers at the EMSL User Meeting will be:
- Jay Keasling, CEO of the Joint BioEnergy Institute and a leading authority in metabolic engineering of microorganisms. He also serves as associate laboratory director for Biosciences at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and a professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering and Bioengineering at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Bill Margolin, professor in the Department of Microbiology & Molecular Genetics at the University of Texas-Houston Medical School who specializes in targeting and assembly of bacterial cell divisions.
- Len Pennacchio, deputy director of Genomic Technologies at the DOE Joint Genome Institute.