Researchers are invited to apply for the opportunity to collaborate with nationally recognized experts and use unparalleled state-of-the-art instruments and facilities at EMSL. Typically, researchers use resources at EMSL for little to no cost if results are shared in open literature. EMSL is a national scientific user facility with a diverse range of capabilities and expertise. We have something to offer researchers at all corners of the scientific community and at all stages of career.
- Senior Researchers - Complement your expertise by seeking new cross-disciplinary collaborations to help refine the large scientific questions you are asking, and pursue the answers. Reach out to EMSL leaders to discuss research and partnerships.
- Early Career Scientists/New Faculty - As budgets tighten, look to establish your research direction through use of EMSL's capabilities, which are available at no cost for openly published research.
- Graduate Students - Get the meaningful scientific results you need to set your research apart from the crowd. Explore EMSL's proposal opportunities and discuss them with your colleagues and EMSL staff scientists in your area.
- Scientific Teams - EMSL's approach of integrating theory, experiment, disciplines, and capabilities allows teams of users to form around critical scientific challenges.
EMSL provides a variety of proposal opportunities throughout the year. To submit a proposal, follow the steps below. Depending on the scope of the proposal project and the proposal call being answered, this stepwise process may take days to weeks.
- Proposal Process
- Discuss your idea with an EMSL scientist (strongly recommended)
- Submit a proposal via the EMSL User Portal
- Stand by while your proposal is reviewed
- Complete the appropriate use agreements
- Contact your EMSL host to initiate planning for your approved project
- Close out your project (submit your project summary and complete the User Survey).
User Support Office: email@example.com, 509-371-6003